Thread: Wonderful!

Guild Novice

Praise Wonderful!

Love this site, so much information to absorb. I'm new to digital cartography, I'm an avid roleplayer and I've been creating worlds since who-knows-when but I've never really gotten the hang of creating an attractive map. I tried Ascension's Atlas Tutorial and loved it. The only thing that I wasn't a huge fan of was how hard it was (at least for me) to differentiate between flatlands, hills and mountains.

Recently I was literally blown away (flaberghasted, gobsmacked, etc.) by The Everlandias.

Wow. Anyways, I don't think LonewandererD has done a tutorial but I'd die for some advice on creating a map in the exact same style.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild, feel free to post in the WIP forums what you're experimenting with, and ask all the questions you want - and we'll do our best to help
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    welcome to the guild, feel free to post in the WIP forums what you're experimenting with, and ask all the questions you want - and we'll do our best to help
    Thank you very much

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.