Thread: opinion?

Wip opinion?

Hiya, i'm new around these parts, just been told theres a 3d section, thought i might show abit of my work...

this is work in progress, i'm thinking it to be some kinda floating area, a hub to different areas in the world, but the only way to get there is by going up a tower to activate the hub.

whats your opinion? i've been 3d modelling for about 6 months now.

Click here for picture!

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Interesting, At first glance I thought all the post sticking up where gallows. Like it was some strange area designed to dish out multiple hanging at one time and place. The more I looked at it, it reminded me of one of the instances in Guild Wars Nightfall exspantion. One where you raced the mobs the the middle and then defended it from them as they spawned at the hubs and tried to take control of the middle.
    Looks like a good start, but since I don't have any knowledge with 3d modeling I can't honestly tell you if its good or bad. But, from throwing my own feeble attempts on the forums I have learned a lot from the comments people make.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Am I having Deja vu or did I post on this image somewhere on these boards already?

Edit: Found it, you linked it in your member introduction.

PS. there are a few around here who fiddle with some 3d so we are happy to have you join us.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by A R Frost View Post
    Interesting, At first glance I thought all the post sticking up where gallows. Like it was some strange area designed to dish out multiple hanging at one time and place. The more I looked at it, it reminded me of one of the instances in Guild Wars Nightfall exspantion. One where you raced the mobs the the middle and then defended it from them as they spawned at the hubs and tried to take control of the middle.
    Looks like a good start, but since I don't have any knowledge with 3d modeling I can't honestly tell you if its good or bad. But, from throwing my own feeble attempts on the forums I have learned a lot from the comments people make.
    thanks for your post!

yea i think i'm going to have to change them light posts, i tried adding a little bit to it, but i can just see it now, people walk in to this map and they will be like "oh crap is this where i die?", yea so i'll redesign them to look alot less like gallows.

also yea i know the map your talking about, i'm an avid guild wars player, hopefully when this gets textured it will look alot less like it, hopefully...

I think texture and light will help to reduce the gallows look. If the lamps are self-illuminated and casting a pool of light beneath them, nobody will be confused by their shape.

How do you enter this area? Teleportation? Some kind of flying machine or beast?
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I think texture and light will help to reduce the gallows look. If the lamps are self-illuminated and casting a pool of light beneath them, nobody will be confused by their shape.

How do you enter this area? Teleportation? Some kind of flying machine or beast?
    entrance will be by teleporting in, but only once you done a quest that leads you to this place, after that it will be activated and you will be able to teleport from town.