Thread: World of Milosha

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Wip World of Milosha

Ok, been playing around with GIMP for 3-5 days now trying to figure out how to redo my old map. And after several phone calls today stating that my new group was wanting to start our game this weekend I though I had better get some sort of starter map done.
    The colors and details are really plain, but still trying to figure out several tuts on how to do this, and since I need some type of functional map for this weekend, I did it using the few thinks I have figured out so far. I am starting to become a slave to brushes since they do make some parts easier, but I need to break that addiction in it's early stages and learn to do it the right way. Most of the tuts I find for the style I like are in PS and I end up spending way to much time trying to duplicate a step in GIMP.

Hope, the River, Mountain, Hill police inspect it as well.
    Right now I have one desert, and it was created from a huge magical battle 2500 years ago. Would like to add another one but not sure where to place it on the map so it's correct. All suggestions on the proper desert placement will be gladly accepted.

I'm included my first map that was done in CorelDraw so you can see the differences.

So take a look at it and let me know what's good and bad about it. I'll take one good point as an overall victory..lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Book Map..jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	892.6 KB 
ID:	23839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Milosha 04-15-10..jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	536.0 KB 
ID:	23840  
    Last edited by A R Frost; 04-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.