Thread: Aeten

Help Aeten - WIP

Hi everyone. I just made an base for my map.

I need some tutorial help for my map. But i'm noob, i tried a few tutorials but couldn't add Oceans and Land textures properly. Is there any tutorials for making oceans for noobs?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aesten123..png 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	23871  
    Last edited by Sifaus; 04-20-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

What software are you using? There are many ways and many styles but first we have to know what you are using.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm Using Photoshop Cs3 and Paint.Net

Okay, now what sort of ocean are you wanting to do? The rings around the land, little waves, a woodcut effect?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Atlas style, or something easier. I just want to give ocean feeling; Coast/Deep Ocean colors ect.. the basic things. =)

And thanks for your intrest. =)

Oh, so you're wanting to do a color map...check out the tutorials section and give some of those a spin and see what you learn from and then you will have everything you need to know. Don't try to make your map exact at first just make something random just to learn the tricks.

I second what Ascension said, expect it to be trash when you go through the tutorials because you will mainly be learning techniques. You will use them later after you have a little experience. My first Ocean came out very well but I was experimenting around so I don't know if I can ever repeat it With that in mind, pay attention to how the software works, write down stuff you like so you can repeat those things that really work for you.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I look some tutorials and improved my map. Next; I'll try to do some improvements on ocean. And try to add land textures.

Edit: I did some ocean changes and second underwater level. Now, i'll try to add land textures...

Name:	Aeten little..png 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	23900  
    Last edited by Sifaus; 04-18-2010 at 05:43 AM.

Don't want to be mean or anything, but to me, that ocean doesn't really fit in with the style of the landscape... But that's just my view, you can do whatever you want

I would try to make waves in an artistical way, like the mountains are... Unless you plan to change the landscape to fit in with the ocean?

Again, It's just my opinion. Just ignore me if you disagree
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Thanks for comment. I want this map for one of my forum game, that means, i need landscapes white. And making seas blue would be cool and give the atmosphere of the 'world'.

Update here! ^^ Improved Oceans, Forests, Marshes added. But i need to add them more.

Name:	Aeten..png 
Views:	95 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	23961