Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maps and Deck Plans for Rogue's Run One-Shot for Starfinder

Default Maps and Deck Plans for Rogue's Run One-Shot for Starfinder

Alright, I've already posted 2 finished maps in the Finished Maps Forum, but as my one-shot adventure idea develops, it seems I need a lot more maps and deck plans, so decided to start a thread here giving you the progress and my direction. Just for your knowledge this is an adventure product being published by Gamer Printshop, my publishing company, as a third party product in support of Starfinder Roleplaying Game. The adventure involves a group of PCs who are trader/smugglers operating from their Jack of Diamonds smuggler ship. They begin with a couple of onboard paying guests being taken to an ice world mining planet, and have an item pickup needed smuggled to a pirate station. Also they are picking up a magic blade also going to the pirate station.

Here's the Jack of Diamonds...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack-of-diamonds.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	109975

Here's the mining town of Hvergilmir, located on the ice planet.

Name:	outpost-hvergelmir.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	109976

Once they leave the ice world, they head off to a Hellgate (a wormhole created by Devil princes, costs a HP from each crew member passing through). Right before they get there, they get pulled over for a random cargo inspection by the sector police patrol.

Name:	adam-12-poster.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	109977

Once passed the cop encounter, they use the Hellgate. A surprise on the other side the ship finds itself in a minefield placed on the exiting end of the wormhole. Finally, they encounter a pirate ship, which turns out not to be a combat encounter, as they are currently heading to the pirate asteroid station themselves, and will allow the PCs to dock their ship to the pirate ship's external docking ring for a free ride. Working on the deck plans now, but here's the exterior hull views with textures.

Name:	cyberian-rogues-run-300dpi.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	819.6 KB 
ID:	109978

Arrival at Port Carthage Asteroid Salvage Station (home to the pirates under a constitutional monarchy and pirate democracy). Here's the cover design, with art showing the exterior of the asteroid station...

Name:	rogues-run.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	109979

I'll post the station deck plans in this thread when I'm done, after doing the pirate ship deck plans.

Enjoy!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-07-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Here's two more ships that I need to make deck plans for this, as part of the Pirate Asteroid Station. Both these ships are docked outside/above the station's inside ship's harbor.

The Dido is a colossal Corporate Dreadnought that was taken in a mutiny by it's first officer, executing her commander and declaring herself a pirate - she is the Admiral Baroness Ching Shi, leader of the Pirate Station. The ship will be textured and given a deck plan.

Name:	dido.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	737.4 KB 
ID:	109984

The Geode is a gargantuan Mining Rig starship that was the original ship at this mining station, now the ore is depleted, so was confiscated by Baroness Ching Shi and used as part of the station. (3D model untextured, will get deck plans).

Name:	mine-rig.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	109985

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Here's all 3 decks of the Cyberian Heavy Destroyer pirate ship... enjoy!

GP

Name:	cyberian-top-deck.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	110001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyberian-mid-deck.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	4.78 MB 
ID:	110002Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyberian-lower-deck.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	110003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyberian.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	110000  
    DrivethruRPG store

Working on Port Carthage Asteroid Station deck plans - this is the bottom level of the station, containing Harbor Haven, the square at the center with the red, green, blue and white divisions, is where up to 4 large, 8 medium, or 16 small starships can dock within an atmosphere enclosed multi-ship bay, or a mix of any such ships. This is accessed via an airlock capable of passing large ships or smaller into this bay. To the west end is a large sewer plant for the entire facility. To the east end are maintenance and repair garages, with oil and lube bay north of that. At top center is the second of two large cargo bay holds.

I didn't include a grid, though I might place a distance bar on it, but to give you some idea of scale, the large dark blue ship in the white quadrant is 800 feet long.

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-bottom-small.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	110030
    DrivethruRPG store

Here's the level above the previous one (I don't know how many levels I need to do yet). This contains the segment of the stations power core needs, as well as more cargo hold areas, include one that features a container stacking and sorting rig that can hold 10 levels high of hundreds of cargo containers, and put away, or retrieve all the containers needed for arriving and departing ships. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-1up.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	110073
    DrivethruRPG store

The next (3rd) level of the Asteroid Space Station deck plans, this is above the previous one, features another power core massive bay, the first of two hydroponics bays that feeds the entire complex of permanent residents as well as a full air purification system. This level also hosts the hospital facility that can house up to 200 patients with operating theaters, laboratories, examination rooms, pharma and hospital supplies and administraion. The other half of that segment contains a prison for up to 300 inmates - some are pirate criminals, that broke station rules, others are important hostages waiting payment for release. This was a more interesting level... enjoy!

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-2up.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	110077
    DrivethruRPG store

The next (4th) level has station residences (simple 3 room apartments) as 3 stories tall 200 apartments on the lower story, 200 on second story, and 100 on third story, dividing the two main sections in two for residence blocks A - D, with a second hydroponics bay in between. On the oppoiste side to hydroponics is the station starport control center - think airport control tower. One more level to go, already started working on it, will finish tomorrow.

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-3up.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	4.12 MB 
ID:	110083
    DrivethruRPG store

Here's the final deck of the asteroid space station map. This includes the Baroness's Brothel, the Jaded Marketplace, the grand entertainment block, a small container cargo management system to supply the businesses on this level, and the Sun Tzu Pirate University! Enjoy!

Now deck plans for the Dido, the Mining Rig, and the two small ships attached to the pirate heavy destroyer. I'm thinking of adding some encounters to the Hvergelmir, so might do a street scene with some interiors of businesses in that cargo container city, and I need to do a couple more maps of the interior of the asteroid - tunnels, mostly. Almost done.

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-final.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	110096
    DrivethruRPG store

Okay, not deck plans, but I just got two of my ships setup for 3D printing at Shapeways.com where I will setup a store front and be able to sell starships, mecha, maybe even character/monster minis. Just got my first orders of the 3D prints based on ships I designed for this...

GP

Name:	adam-jack-3D.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	465.0 KB 
ID:	110184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adam-12-3D.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	418.9 KB 
ID:	110185
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Hi Gameprinter I have some question about your map designs.

Hi Gameprinter can you tell me, what program do you use to make the mining town of Hvergilmir map? And how do you present the views of the adam 12 poster, with 3D view and flat view with detail inside? I am interesting in design my own board game maps and I use 3D program to build the corridors and rooms of futuristic boards and then I print the flat view of the models? But I would like to export my flat views to Illustrator o Photoshop From Sketchup for example, but I don´t get the simple image of the objet or my single tile, I always obtain an image in A4 format. I need to export my vector design to Illustrator from 3D programs but I don´t know how. This way it would be easier the layout process. I´ll give you an example in this photo:

Name:	Tiles futurist V0.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	110286

As you can see in the picture apear my tile and the background of the sketchup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast