Thread: Greetings from Asia! Check out some test maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Greetings from Asia! Check out some test maps

Hi All,

I already posted once in a tutorial thread a little while back, but an old thread is hardly the place to introduce oneself, so I'll try again here.

I love maps and know a fair bit about using PS, though mostly for photo retouching, basic graphic design, and pixel art--never anything as complex as a composite map from scratch. I actually stumbled across the Cartographer's Guild while looking for ways to draw a world map for my SRPG (Olithum), which will eventually need one.

After finding the Guild a week ago, I read through lots of tutorials and tried several out. I've attached the results, though by no means are these finished maps (nor were they made with any kind of plan); I just wanted to try out the different techniques... The tutorials I followed (in order): Tear's Saderan, Pasis's mountains, and Ascension's what I like to call "dark and whispy" style, for lack of an official name. The fourth map is a small one I scratched together yesterday based on a compilation of styles and random fooling around in PS.

I'll be around...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saderan_test..png 
Views:	35 
Size:	442.5 KB 
ID:	23887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2..jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	526.5 KB 
ID:	23888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test3..jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	755.5 KB 
ID:	23889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test4..jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	285.9 KB 
ID:	23890