Thread: Transparent Orbs

Post Transparent Orbs

Hello so I recently thought it might be fun to make a bunch of transparent orbs of all kinds of colors. Make of them what you will but I think they might prove to be useful and/or handy for people who might want to include them in their D&D games. Like I usually do, I made about 36 pallet-swaps of this image, so you should have no shortage of colors to choose from. Enjoy!

EDIT: So I realized that I made the core images way too big so I uploaded a zip file with much smaller images that don't lag nearly as much.

Preview:

Download Link:
    Orbs
    Smaller Orbs
    Last edited by Altrunchen; 10-02-2014 at 11:28 PM.

these look very nice, i think they should be quite useful for my online d&d games.

Cheers
    -Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Leondias View Post
    these look very nice, i think they should be quite useful for my online d&d games.

Cheers
    -Leo
    No problem dude, and thanks!

You should have plenty of variety in that zip folder there. If I may ask, do you have any particular ideas already in mind or did you mean that these could be useful in the future?

any number of things was that with some minor adjustments could make some pretty awesome desk crystal balls used for divinations in a wizard tower. or perhaps made alot smaller as adornments on some other textures in the form of gemstones. also another idea would be to use a chest texture and fill it with all kinds of these spheres to make a chest of glass baubles. im not sure what im gonna use them for exactly, but im pretty certain it will be useful down the road hehe.

any number of things was that with some minor adjustments could make some pretty awesome desk crystal balls used for divinations in a wizard tower. or perhaps made alot smaller as adornments on some other textures in the form of gemstones. also another idea would be to use a chest texture and fill it with all kinds of these spheres to make a chest of glass baubles. im not sure what im gonna use them for exactly, but im pretty certain it will be useful down the road hehe.
    Well I hope they prove to be useful .

It also occurred to me, they kind of look like materia from Final Fantasy VII too. Don't you think so?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MateriaAC.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	68114

I realized that the original orbs were just too damn big, so I uploaded some shrunken orbs for good measure.

yeah they look alot like materia actually hehe. maight make a top down picture of that chest or something similar for some of my d&d battlemaps.

yeah they look alot like materia actually hehe. maight make a top down picture of that chest or something similar for some of my d&d battlemaps.
    That could be cool and fun . Hope they come in handy!