Thread: Veil Vale - an experiment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Veil Vale - an experiment

I liked how the exterior map in my October challenge turned out, especially the bevel terrain elevations on the hill. So I thought I'd experiment with this technique in Xara further.

The following is supposed to be a vale of three waterfalls, though only two are in view on this map. The elevation is not defined so a GM could say its 10 feet, 20 feet or 50 feet between each. This is a fairly deep canyon.

Every "stack" of terrain, I applied a different ground texture just to help define each elevation level another experiment.

You will notice a path to the right of the bottom waterfall. There is supposed to be an oracles cave under the second falls, haven't developed that yet.

Heavy on graphics again, probably good for VTT though. I'm having fun with this. Oh the waterfalls are stacked objects both with transparency, one with a fractal cloud filter, the other with a fractal plasma filter.

Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	veilvale.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	944.3 KB 
ID:	1143  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-17-2007 at 02:09 AM. Reason: added point
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations