Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April Challenge Entry - Breweries of the World

Wip

So, as I said in the previous post, I've been doing a little revamping of the map to better meet the challenge requirements. One of the things I was lacking was a bit of separation between the continents. Fixing that wasn't so much a problem as it required about 15 minutes of editing in FTPro and taking a new set of snapshots to set up the perspective of the map. Of course, with the changes in the coastlines and general shape of the land masses, I've had to re-lay the land features and shift a few things around just a bit, but that was just fine with me as I wasn't particularly happy with the way the grass/plains were turning out, and I thought the forests could use a bit of tightening. At this point, I've managed to rebuild the "edges" of the world as they have been explored/taste-tested by Boran and Stori. I should be able to wrap up the main continent over the next couple of days (it would only take me a day if I didn't have a four hour seminar to go to Wednesday afternoon) and have a final version ready to go by late Thursday or early Friday.

GW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Brewhome WIP 04.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	24197  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Wip

Well, I've been sick as a dog these last couple of days, and haven't gotten as much done on this as I had hoped. Still plugging away at it though, and I'll just have to hope that the threads don't get locked until Friday afternoon so that I'll have a snowball's chance in hell of finishing this up. In any event, here's a bit of progress.

GW

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	New Brewhome WIP 05.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	24242  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Blog Entries

Really liking what you're doing with this map Greason.

I love how the perspective of the elements changes as they are placed around the globe - that top continent looks really great.

I sure do hope you have time to get more done on this before the deadline. Would be nice to see a Greason entry in the challenge that is nearly/finished.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Wip

@ Ramah - I hope so as well. I think, in the end, it might still be a bit sparse in some areas, but . . . Well, there was supposed to be some uncharted territory anyhow.

I did manage to get a bit more work done on this, but desperately need to lay down for a while, now. Sneezing my head off and trying to hack up a lung while placing the various symbols just isn't working well. In any event, hopefully I'll still have a few hours in the morning to work on this, depending on what time the threads are actually closed. There's really not that much more to do as far as the map, itself, goes. The extra embellishments might not get done, however, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens with that.

On a side note . . . It's a shame my plan to move into a new apartment fell through. I'm still stuck with a dial-up connection which limits the file sizes I can upload to about 1.5 megs before timing out (don't know if it is a problem at the guild's end or just my junky service, though I strongly suspect it is my service). If I could go with a physically larger map, I think I could do so very much more with this. Ah, but that is life, is it not?

GW

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	New Brewhome WIP 06.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	24249  
    GW

Blog Entries

Dial-up? :S

Oh my word... is your appartment located in the 90's?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

No, actually it's still in the 80's. They've done all the work for FiOS hook-ups in the area except laying the actual groundwork. Apparently there are being conflicts between the installers and a number of construction sites. I believe, however, that my block is next in que for the groundwork, then it's just a matter of subscribing.

GW
    GW

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well I hope they actually finish out the FiOS, have they actually announced they were going to complete the "installation".

With the impending sale to Frontier Communications who knows what may happen...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think, or at least this is what I've heard, that here, in Oregon, the impending sale has been, at least temporarily, blocked. But I heard that a while ago, so I can't be sure what the actual up to date status on the sale is. As for finishing the installation, the thing that was holding them up, in my neighborhood in particular, was some planned road construction. Until those plans were finalized, they didn't want to do the roadside installation for fear of having their cables/wiring "buried under pavement."

And thanks to the extra couple of days extension (in light of potential forum glitches) I'm going to take advantage of the extra time to try to get over this flu-bug I caught. I am, as it happens, one of those people that get hit hard by the flu, but only for a short period of time rather than suffering for several days on end. It's mostly done now, but one more good day of sleep won't hurt anything.

GW
    GW

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

GW - I work for Verizon and will be moving over to Frontier as part of the sale. I have not heard of any road-blocks in Oregon related to the sale (not that there couldn't be) other than some PUC issues which I believe were resolved.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not sure about that whole deal. It may have been those PUC issues or simply have been that some folks were talking about trying to block the sale. It was some months back that I remember reading some vague article in the paper about the impending sale. Ironically, Qwest is selling out here in Oregon as well. Go figure. If we aint careful, we might turn out to be those country bumpkins everyone else thinks we are!

GW

P.S. And don't get me started on the idiot drivers here in Oregon. I like to believe they're all transplants, but, sadly, I know better.
    GW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast