Thread: Hi to the guild!

Guild Applicant

Default Hi to the guild!

Hi everyone,
    my name is Angelo, I'm from Italy and I'm here to look for inspiration and (maybe) help about using Adobe Illustrator for fantasy maps.
    I'm currently working on two project concerning the building of two worlds that are the settings for two RPG campaigns I'm running... (one is the setting for and RPG rulebook I'm developing ).

First off, I'm starting searching the forum for ideas and tutorials about how to use Illustrator at best for my projects, but I'm also looking for other softwares to use (in conjunction with the Adobe's one) to build up worlds that have some "reality" in them...

See you all!

Hi Angelo,

Welcome to the guild! I often use Illustrator for mapping and then move the project to Photoshop for finishing. I'm quite good at Illustrator and will try to help you of you have any questions (I might not know everything but have used it for 15 years now).
    Last edited by Carnifex; 04-20-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Welcome! Another long-time Illustrator user here too, and like Carnifex I use Photoshop for finishing. You will find both help AND inspiration here. Enjoy (-:
    Brian

Welcome to the Guild! I usually start my maps in Photoshop but lately have been trying to create a framework in Illustrator and then import that to Photoshop. My best example to date is here. Some of the users here use other tools in their mapping work as well, including random landscape generators and 3D modeling and rendering tools.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave