Thread: Thanks for making me feel welcome

Guild Applicant

Info Thanks for making me feel welcome

Well Hello Everyone,

In brief I am a long time fantasy gamer and hopeful map maker. I rolled my first D20 in 1985 and have been fairly hooked since then. I remember the early years of buying graph paper and drawing squiggly lines to make a continent map that covered my bedroom wall. I have done some hand drawn stuff but that was very long ago. Since 2000 or so I have been working almost exclusively with CC2 and lately CC3. I do not consider myself an artist but I try to make maps that appeal to me visually while still containing as much crunch and realism as I can muster.

I am in IT management and have a lovely little family to divert my attention from my hobbies. I have a website that I occasionally update located at WWW.RELADON.COM. I don't believe I have any public maps up there yet but plan on putting a few up eventually.

It's great to be here!
    -Reladon
    Last edited by Reladon; 11-21-2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: I CAN'T SPELL!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to The Guild, glad to have ya here. We're all here for the same reason...see how our style compares to others, learn new techniques, and teach others how to do what we do. And most of us still love the hand-drawn style since that's what we grew up on. Have a look around and hope you enjoy your time here with us. Oh, and post up some of them thar maps, matey
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome to the Guild.

Would love to see some maps.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome to the Guild, Reladon. You'll find a lot of RPG fans here. But no matter the game (or edition of the game), we all share one similar trait - out love (some would say obsession) for maps.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Just a quick update... I am leaving this handle and taking up my actual name... Reladon has become jwhalen. Just in case anyone cares