Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Free-Hand Tree... something like?

  1. #1

    Question Free-Hand Tree... something like?

    Hi,

    I found a PS brush to paint plants. Unfortunately it is only one type. Someone knows brushes with a similar style? Thanks to all

    Albero..zip

  2. #2
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Charles, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    8,331

    Default

    There's a bunch around the web. A long time ago I searched for "Photoshop tree brush" and found a bunch of stuff and actually downloaded about 20 or so.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)


    My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

  3. #3

    Default

    Yes, but unfortunately I found nothing suitable. I would need a brush similar to what I have attached. All those that I find on the web are more like photographs rather than drawings freehand.

    I wonder why I hope that someone has already sifted most of the brushes and can give me a hint.

  4. #4

    Default

    This probably won't work for you, I've only got four trees in different seasons, really just the same tree base with different leaf styles on them, but its hand-drawn. Its in this board of the forum... http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...wn+tree+object

    It might work for some trees...

    GP

    PS: plus I've got a bunch of hand-drawn iso trees, from my December Challenge map, though they aren't posted here. If you want tell you so, and I'll upload them into this board.

    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ntry-Yuleblood
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-21-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

    Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

  5. #5

    Map Many Thanks

    The four trees are very interesting, definitely I will use them in other works.

    However, in order to better understand what I need I show you my first map, not finished yet ...

    Any criticism or suggestion is welcome.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Renelind..jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	23995

    I would need more trees, with a style similar to what I used to date.

  6. #6

    Default

    Yeah, unfortunately the trees in my "PS" on my last post are for a winter map, so leafless trees and snow covered fir trees, probably not what you need. But if you want I can pull them off the map and upload them here. I have about 20 or so different versions of the leafless trees in my map and a dozen or so snow covered fir trees.

    GP
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

    Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

  7. #7
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Charles, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    8,331

    Default

    Personally, I think it looks fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I even snagged a copy for myself to learn from.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)


    My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

  8. #8
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    206

    Default

    I think Ascension is right your map is great like it is... but I would like to help you out. It might take me some time though...

    Here is one brush I just made as a test to see if I can make that style... I think the test went well but that is for you to say. If you like this one I can make some more... just let me know what kind/shape of trees that you want?

    The brush is made in Photoshop 7... the brush was set around 35px and the layer they are on was set to 70% opacity.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map_test1..jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	24004

    Tree-Brush1..zip

    -RPGMM
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-21-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    @RPGMapMaker Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released to the Public Domain

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately the trees in my "PS" on my last post are for a winter map, so leafless trees and snow covered fir trees, probably not what you need. But if you want I can pull them off the map and upload them here. I have about 20 or so different versions of the leafless trees in my map and a dozen or so snow covered fir trees.

    GP
    Sure! I like the style of those brushes, I would like to experiment in other projects


    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Personally, I think it looks fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I even snagged a copy for myself to learn from.
    Thank you very much! You are right, that piece of map can be fine as is. My problem is that I do many other places, and I would differ a little vegetation.

    My project is huge: I am a writer and I started drawing maps to add them to my stories. My world is gigantic, the map that I made just a bit. For this I need more variety of brushes.

    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmapmaker View Post
    I think Ascension is right your map is great like it is... but I would like to help you out. It might take me some time though...

    Here is one brush I just made as a test to see if I can make that style... I think the test went well but that is for you to say. If you like this one I can make some more... just let me know what kind/shape of trees that you want?

    The brush is made in Photoshop 7... the brush was set around 35px and the layer they are on was set to 70% opacity.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map_test1..jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	24004

    Tree-Brush1..zip

    -RPGMM
    Thanks! Really a wonderful job, that's exactly what I wanted.

    I need a couple of conifers, a couple or three trees with rounded leaves (like those of Tolkien's maps), one or two palms, a couple of dead trees and something for the marshes.

    Thanks again for the wonderful work!

  10. #10

    Post By the way...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Personally, I think it looks fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I even snagged a copy for myself to learn from.
    By the way, if you can help, I have put the model that I have built collecting brushes on the Internet.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Template..psd 
Views:	138 
Size:	374.6 KB 
ID:	24013

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •