Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free-Hand Tree... something like?

Question Free-Hand Tree... something like?

Hi,

I found a PS brush to paint plants. Unfortunately it is only one type. Someone knows brushes with a similar style? Thanks to all

Albero..zip

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

There's a bunch around the web. A long time ago I searched for "Photoshop tree brush" and found a bunch of stuff and actually downloaded about 20 or so.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yes, but unfortunately I found nothing suitable. I would need a brush similar to what I have attached. All those that I find on the web are more like photographs rather than drawings freehand.

I wonder why I hope that someone has already sifted most of the brushes and can give me a hint.

This probably won't work for you, I've only got four trees in different seasons, really just the same tree base with different leaf styles on them, but its hand-drawn. Its in this board of the forum... http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...wn+tree+object

It might work for some trees...

GP

PS: plus I've got a bunch of hand-drawn iso trees, from my December Challenge map, though they aren't posted here. If you want tell you so, and I'll upload them into this board.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ntry-Yuleblood
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-21-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Map Many Thanks

The four trees are very interesting, definitely I will use them in other works.

However, in order to better understand what I need I show you my first map, not finished yet ...

Any criticism or suggestion is welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Renelind..jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	23995

I would need more trees, with a style similar to what I used to date.

Yeah, unfortunately the trees in my "PS" on my last post are for a winter map, so leafless trees and snow covered fir trees, probably not what you need. But if you want I can pull them off the map and upload them here. I have about 20 or so different versions of the leafless trees in my map and a dozen or so snow covered fir trees.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Personally, I think it looks fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I even snagged a copy for myself to learn from.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

I think Ascension is right your map is great like it is... but I would like to help you out. It might take me some time though...

Here is one brush I just made as a test to see if I can make that style... I think the test went well but that is for you to say. If you like this one I can make some more... just let me know what kind/shape of trees that you want?

The brush is made in Photoshop 7... the brush was set around 35px and the layer they are on was set to 70% opacity.

Name:	Map_test1..jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	24004

Tree-Brush1..zip

-RPGMM
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-21-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately the trees in my "PS" on my last post are for a winter map, so leafless trees and snow covered fir trees, probably not what you need. But if you want I can pull them off the map and upload them here. I have about 20 or so different versions of the leafless trees in my map and a dozen or so snow covered fir trees.

GP
    Sure! I like the style of those brushes, I would like to experiment in other projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Personally, I think it looks fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I even snagged a copy for myself to learn from.
    Thank you very much! You are right, that piece of map can be fine as is. My problem is that I do many other places, and I would differ a little vegetation.

My project is huge: I am a writer and I started drawing maps to add them to my stories. My world is gigantic, the map that I made just a bit. For this I need more variety of brushes.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmapmaker View Post
    I think Ascension is right your map is great like it is... but I would like to help you out. It might take me some time though...

Here is one brush I just made as a test to see if I can make that style... I think the test went well but that is for you to say. If you like this one I can make some more... just let me know what kind/shape of trees that you want?

The brush is made in Photoshop 7... the brush was set around 35px and the layer they are on was set to 70% opacity.

Name:	Map_test1..jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	24004

Tree-Brush1..zip

-RPGMM
    Thanks! Really a wonderful job, that's exactly what I wanted.

I need a couple of conifers, a couple or three trees with rounded leaves (like those of Tolkien's maps), one or two palms, a couple of dead trees and something for the marshes.

Thanks again for the wonderful work!

Post By the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    By the way, if you can help, I have put the model that I have built collecting brushes on the Internet.

Name:	Map Template..psd 
Views:	185 
Size:	374.6 KB 
ID:	24013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast