Thread: Five Minute Map

Link Five Minute Map

A simple guide to making a cool map in under five minutes with Photoshop.

http://rpglabyrinth.blogspot.com/201...e-minutes.html

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Rendered clouds are our friends!

It's a nifty approach, around here people generally seem to take it quite a but further, but you really can get some neat results in a short time frame.

Great find!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I can't really follow this guide since I'm a noob. I do have Cs4, but I don't know what to do at step 6.

In the guide, it says I should select a white area with my magic wand, but there is no such white area o:
    Last edited by Aenigma; 04-22-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: grammar
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Well he knows about the guild, one of the posts in his blog refers to 'Tear's mapping style'.

Aenigma: If there is no white area, do a levels adjustment (Image/adjust/levels) drag the three little triangular sliders so that the right most one is just at the start of where the graph comes down to zero and same with the left where it starts lifting from zero. Drag the middle one between these two until you're happy with the result.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Well he knows about the guild, one of the posts in his blog refers to 'Tear's mapping style'.
    Not just that, but many of his recent maps use Vhailor's mountain and hill brushes and my iso markers and tree brushes.

Nice job on the 5 minute map though.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post

Aenigma: If there is no white area, do a levels adjustment (Image/adjust/levels) drag the three little triangular sliders so that the right most one is just at the start of where the graph comes down to zero and same with the left where it starts lifting from zero. Drag the middle one between these two until you're happy with the result.

Many thanks

Also, I did find some white areas when I tried making a wholly new map. It's the first map I've ever completed in Photoshop and thus; I must thank GygasLives for providing this guide/tutorial!

Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Obviously he is a member here and has read the tuts, got a couple of maps in my satellite style as well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps