Thread: CC3 crashing repeatedly!! Ideas?

Help CC3 crashing repeatedly!! Ideas?

I am working on a city map which causes CC3 to crash when Zooming and scrolling. I have done much bigger projects on CC3 and had no problems. Is there anything anyone can think of that could cause this? I have made quite a lot of groups and added extra layers, could that be it. Sheet effects are turned off...I am stumped.

One thing I can do, is export it as a jpeg. I might have to finish it in PS if I cant get to the cause of the crashes.

Other maps are fine and don't cause crashes.

Any of you ecc3sperts got ideas about what might be causing it?
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

I think you have installed CC3 as it is described in PF TechFAQ's and have installed the latest update. Hide the sheets you don't need at the moment and set the graphic details to low.
    I also have problems with CC3 while turning on the effects and export maps, but I figured out that I don't have to switch to other programs while working with CC3.

City maps in CC3 can get very big, very fast. Combine a lot of entities with sheet effects and things start to noticeably slow down, especially on redraws that come from zooming and scrolling. My suggestion would be to turn sheet effects off while zooming, scrolling and working on your map, and when you are zoomed in to a place where you want to export, for example, then turn them back on.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

I once had a problem with a particular map that would consistently crash CC3. The solution for that particular situation was to start a new map and copy the information over to it—something in the FCW had gotten corrupted, and doing the copy fixed it.

If you absolutely can't figure it out, I recommend you contact Ralf at Profantasy—he's quite helpful.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I once had a problem with a particular map that would consistently crash CC3. The solution for that particular situation was to start a new map and copy the information over to it—something in the FCW had gotten corrupted, and doing the copy fixed it.

If you absolutely can't figure it out, I recommend you contact Ralf at Profantasy—he's quite helpful.
    Yep, copied to a new file, that fixed it. Must have been a bug in the file! Thanks Midgardsormr et al. Most hepful.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

That's good news!

Quick question - did you use Copy to Clipboard, or did you do File -> Insert (then select the bad FCW file) to copy things over from the old file to the new one?
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales