Thread: Ahoj zo Slovenska

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Info Ahoj zo Slovenska

Hi from Slovakia (not Czeslovakia, not Slovenia)
    First sory for my bad english
    I am just thinking how I get to this guild.. hm.. It was a lovely day and I googled for some medieval maps (I think I searched for town) and the good G took me to this page (the pyrandon medieval town tutorial). When I realized what is the whole website about, i sit there for three days and just read all the superb tuts... (I am RPG player (PC and those with paper, pen, cube and all the stuff (dont know how u name this RPG)) so I get excited right away about the maps, and in addition I am a Gimp user for a considerable time
    my age is 23 or 24 (who remembers it when it is changing every year ) and now i am finishing study on the university (software ingeneer, informatics and such complicated fileds )
    enough of words, take a look what i did so far:

using Award-Winner-Using-GIMP-to-Create-an-Artistic-Regional-RPG-Map&highlight=regional+gimp:

(the TLS technique rocks man ) arent the woods a bit blurry? do u recognize that thay are woods?

and one map transformation of my lovely country :

i did not create the map, just added the stuff around, the "paper background" and play with colors to look more naturaly

I hope there will be soon more
    oo and i forget... what the heck is WIP and how to use it?
    Last edited by Zavael; 04-21-2010 at 05:56 PM.