Thread: Campaign Map

Default Campaign Map

Alright so I'm calling this complete! I'm sure there are little things here and there to touch up on, the only things I'll really be adding to it at this point, is City names and maybe some key spots (but thats out of my hand, its in my DM's hands!) So I loved doing it, I did it all 100% photoshop, and it took around 40 hours, probably less, cause I only put in a half hour here and there so... Anyways any comments or things I may of slipped on would be wonderful! thanks!

So the quality isn't the best... had to reduce a bit so I could post it here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#9..jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	24024  
    Last edited by Yandor; 04-22-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

I like it. I immediatly thought of CRPG maps from Ultima, Wizardry etc.

Dang, so we lost all the fun posts here, but for the record, a lot of my inspiration for map making came from many many years of Playing Ultima Online, Roughly 2 1/2 years ago I started to make maps because I wanted to make a custom map for my own private server of UO, and that led me here, and gave me the passion of cartography. (I think that sums up everything) Hope you all enjoy this map!

Oh and I remember a few questions asked...

1. The lake on the top left is a new lake, and hasn't gotten to the point of an overflow, or a weak spot for it to drain to the coast.

2. The Swamp should probably empty out into the ocean (found that out through a bit more research) but seeing as the map doesn't show it I'll probably make up some magical reason why it doesn't, I mentioned having some bog monster who feeds off the swamp water =D.

3. The river that goes through the mountain, the river was diverted a long time ago and leads into a man made cavern, for the city to have fresh water, (like an aqueduct)
    Last edited by Yandor; 04-26-2010 at 03:45 AM.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Guild Member

Wow. I love it.

Would it be possible to use this map for one of my online campaigns?

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love it, it reminds me of the game maps of 1980s CRPGs. You know, something they'd include in the box. Well done!

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

This is a great map, would love to borrow it as a setting to a rival island world Im working on, one where the inhabitants came from maybe ... each form a different 'country' maybe...hmmmm