Thread: Alvhem

Default Alvhem

So I just can't stop playing around with CD3 at the moment. It's really funny and you can accomplish great things in quite a short timespan. So I decided to make a "real" map of a town called Alvhem from the Etrakien world. Suddenly everything mattered and the process took about three times the time than before. But it's great fun.

The town is a small town situated about three miles (30 km) south of Ankh-Bathor just in the outskirts of a small forest.
    Everything is done in CD3 except the usual end effects (light, paperstructure, labeling) that I've made in PS.

The town itself is of no importens but the size was adequate for a test of the B&W city style in a "live" map. Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alvhem_2..jpg 
Views:	668 
Size:	617.7 KB 
ID:	23937  

Yeah, you gotta love CD3. You can create a city in no time. As you know I like this black & white style.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Very nice. I'm inspired to do something similar.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've been thinking about getting CD3 just from your maps Clercon. Good stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

NIce little town. There is a place called Alvhem not far from Gothenburg in Sweden. Alvhem is Swedish for "Elvenhome"... pretty cool name

The real Alvhem:

http://maps.google.se/maps?hl=sv&q=a...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
    Last edited by Carnifex; 04-22-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    NIce little town. There is a place called Alvhem not far from Gothenburg in Sweden. Alvhem is Swedish for "Elvenhome"... pretty cool name

The real Alvhem:

http://maps.google.se/maps?hl=sv&q=a...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
    Hello Carnifex. I do actually know that cause the name is taken from that place. My wives relatives comes from that area. There are actually quite a lot really cool names around Alvhem. I think you can find one or two more on my Ankh-Bathor land map.