Thread: Small Village

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Default Small Village

Here is another small generic village I did last night. I used the building images that RPGmapmaker posted and made a few brushes. In the time it took me to make 10 or so brushes RobA post all 60+ that he made. Hope someone can use it, I know my PC's will emjoy it's comforts Sunday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Village-1..jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	24069  
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Praise

COOL

Ok... so I am biased but it is still a nice small hopefully not to quite town... and I hope you have fun with it. I really like the way you two tone colored the bigger buildings, I like the way you layered the trees I think I will try that with the ones I made. I added some trees to the post you got the buildings from if you are interested here. I am thinking about doing more elements for this style if I can find the time this weekend. So, if you have any requests this would be a great time

Thanks for putting this together and posting it,

-RPGMM
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but as one with no artist skills. *Starts waving shiny, reflective, medalion in front of RPGmapmaker* I really, really think you should draw up a castle for the story your telling your daughter. And them break it down in smaller parts that can be be used to create many different castles. *Stop waving medalion.*

On a more serious not I need to really work on my land and water designing skills. Like adding depth. Would have liked to have some of the building raised up on small hills/gnolls. But for some reason in my mind, even when I'm doing t-shirt designs I have a wall that blocks my perception of depth. I can visualize it in my head but i can never get it to work on the screen, or with my hand. Brings back memories of my HS art classes and the teachers always commenting about my nice ideas and themes but lack of depth.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

*Stares blankly at the shinny medallion then shakes head vigorously to clear the haze.*

I will stop before I hijack your thread with the castle stuff I am going to post and move that part of our conversation back to my town buildings thread here.

-RPGMM
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.