Thread: CC3 - Starting Region map from "larger map"

Default CC3 - Starting Region map from "larger map"

Hi everyone.

I'm very new as a cartographer.... and very exited about it. Though, I have a question.

I'm drawing a continent map, where I draw borders / politics / capitals & that kind of stuff. Then, I'll want to draw the details of a given country.

Is there a way to keep the current map with borders ? Like an "extraction" of a portion of the map ?

In fact, i'd like to draw World => Continent => Country => Regions, in "several files" (maybe that's where I'm wrong) and to start from a portion of my existing map (very big..... )

Thx for any help (I can add some examples to make it clear)

Here are examples :

I have my world map (Agoria), and my Continent map (Orgus). On Orgus, i'm on the way to put roads, capitals & stuff.

I'd now like to start "Aketar" keeping lands & borders.... How to ? :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world_of_agoria..PNG 
Views:	144 
Size:	370.1 KB 
ID:	24085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orgus..PNG 
Views:	92 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	24086  

An article about linking maps can be found if you log in at PF. Under CC2Pro click on "Map Makers Chest". Search for a link that contains "linking".

Thx for your reply.
    I'm not sure that "linking" is what I'm looking for (I did some linking already between world and contient), but I'm going to have a look.

I'll let you know if it helped !

Thx a lot...... I'm quite ashamed, my question was right into the FAQ of PF !

Your answer was quite acurate, the article I was looking for was "Creating Local Maps from Regional Maps".

Thx again, you made me a happy forumer :-)

You're welcome!

This is interesting... do you have a complete world map? Or was that brownish map the world map?
    Anyways, it looks awesome
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Thx :-)

The brownish map is the world map (and quite huge with about 12000 km long).
    I'll post in the "world in progress" its background history, population and so on.

The goal is to map Orgus in "les terres jumelles" continent (and maybe Urgos), and its main regions, towns and capitals. It's aimed to be a campaign set for a DD4.