Thread: "April/May Entry: 99 to 1 Club*

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Default "April/May Entry: 99 to 1 Club*

*** LATEST WIP ***

Think I'll give this challenge a try, at the worst I'll learn how to make the battle-map/dungeon style maps.

This is one of Boran Coalbeard's favorite watering holes when he is in Heimmaerr. In my world it will be in the Isle Kingdom of Jaxilon's capital city.

I'm using this tut: http://newbiedm.com/2009/11/09/newbi...athan-roberts/
    To learn the basics of designing battle-map/dungeon style maps. When the forum's went down yesterday I got side tracked and stated messing around on Dunjinni and downloaded all there files and several more files from various sites. About 20G's .png files. lol

Anyway hope you enjoy and any C&C will gladly be accepted and probably used if I can figure out how to do it.

Allan

*** LATEST WIP ***
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99 to 1 Club..jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	469.5 KB 
ID:	24116  
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It has that old school look.

I take it the entrances are on the south (bottom) part of the map (slight confusion due to the lack of doors), you have some private rooms as well as semi-private areas in the middle along with a bar. I'm not sure what the rooms to the East and West are for, they seem to have stages. I guess I'm not that hip of a club person, LOL. Maybe they are for private dances? I would also guess the rooms off in the upper right corner are some kind of kitchen area with storage or else some kind of offices? A few more details in there might help to make it obvious to a dope like me what the areas are for.

Congrats on entering a challenge. They are fun to do and you usually get a lot of feedback. If nothing else I keep learning things by doing them.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Your pretty close on what area is what, but its a long way from finished. Trying to figure out how to scale down some .png files to use. But when I scale them down they lose all their detail. Should have an updated version in a few days once I figure a few more things out.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.