Thread: Shadowglade - a Pathfinder Setting map for a commission

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Shadowglade - a Pathfinder Setting map for a commission

This map was created for a commercial commission for an upcoming setting for the Pathfinder roleplaying game. The setting is called Shadowglade and you can find out more about the setting through the facebook page or the company website for Neo Productions. You can find the WIP thread here.

Without further ado, here's the map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShadowgladeWeb.jpg 
Views:	3891 
Size:	557.5 KB 
ID:	25573

This is a post apocalyptic world where a continent much like that of North America has undergone a dramatic cataclysm. Unlike many such worlds, this one has rebounded and much of the remaining land is fertile and habitable. The north is a blasted waste and dramatic seismic upheavals have created sharp new mountains and an enormous escarpment. The habitable region is sparsely populated but there are clear centers of power around the cities.

The map was really enjoyable to create - I've had a few big world maps and these mountains are the result of that work. The forests are all new and now use a custom brush for the texturing. I'm very pleased with the result - and thankful to everyone here for their comments on the WIP thread and the encouragement.

As this is a commission it is rights reserved, rather than the CC license in my sig.
    Last edited by torstan; 06-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Yes, it definitely has an american look to the continent. Florida seems to have finally sunk (they had it coming). I really like the mountains and eastern shelf.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Yeah, this is spectacular-looking. The mountains and forests look amazing. During your WIP posts, I was going to comment on the odd-looking eastern shelf, but I thought I'd wait and see 'till the map was done. It looks really great now and makes perfect sense with the background story.

I find it amusing that the "American" feel is translated as "everything outside the US is screwed". Canada, a scorched wasteland, Mexico, sunken into the sea. It's all in good fun, of course.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done Big T!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Lovely map, Torstan. The palette is great and I really love your forests.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks guys!

@Daelin - if you see something in a WIP - please say. That helps catch it early when it's easier to fix.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I gotta spread some rep around but you know I'm gonna rep anything artistic...and well done at that.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Another incredible map! Once again, I really like the way you create your mountains. That's one part of the process that always causes me the most problems. I'll rep you as soon as I can

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

This map is beautiful! Bella Bella!