Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yay downtime! Sorry about that.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Yay downtime! Sorry about that.

Migration stage one completed, but the changeover caused the database to change names...I didn't have internet last night due to a lightning storm here, but I went to a fast food joint this morning and changed the database over.

Currently I believe the CWBP is down and I'll get to that soon. But there may be more intermittent downtime for the next week. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. Hang in there.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not 100 percent certain but I think a lot of yesterdays posts may have been lost as well. I'm looking into it but I can't promise that I'll be able to bring them back. Wow this was worse than I thought.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Journeyer

And of course it went down just after I grabbed the new posts list, and found something that looked extremely interesting that I hadn't read before. And of course now I can't remember what that was.

But hey, the forums are back, the exchange of ideas continues, so all is well again. Three cheers for Arcana!

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It happens, life goes on. Thanks for fixing it though!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Thank you for all the hard work and effort you and the other Admins and community leaders put in to this forum! It really is the best forum for cartography on the web because of what you do.

-RPGMM
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Yes, thanks for getting my newest crack addiction back online. I feel so good now that the twitching has stopped!!!!
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

tilt the second

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I'm not 100 percent certain but I think a lot of yesterdays posts may have been lost as well. I'm looking into it but I can't promise that I'll be able to bring them back. Wow this was worse than I thought.
    Hi everybody,

unfortunatly I was a casualty of migration, so here I am in my second incarnation, hopefully only temporary. But since I could dissappear and all my post for half a year with me, I guess it would be prudent if everybody checked to see if someone/something is missing, so Arcana can get as many bug-reports as possible... no, not to bug him (pun intended) but to help him the the webhost to find out what went wrong.

@ tilt - Your Dwarf fort lite challenge entry is still there. Are you saying your login and user id was lost? That sounds more like we lost a portion of hard drive. Hopefully, you will come back because I liked the other tilt but I'm not so sure about this one, LOL

And btw, I'm not a fan of this typing black letters on brown, it's hard to read as I'm typing and my eyes are bad enough already. :O

Thank you again Arcana for all the effort you are exerting right now to get things back to normal.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    And btw, I'm not a fan of this typing black letters on brown, it's hard to read as I'm typing and my eyes are bad enough already. :O
    Lost a stylevar in the upgrade.... working on fixing it.

-Rob A>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast