Thread: cc3 view q

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question cc3 view q

Hi, just a quick question, I downloaded CC3 View a few days ago, and noticed I could not open any of the downloaded symbols... Some pjimg extension or something. If it's just because I haven't actually bought CC3, then fine, but I don't know why you still are able to download them with the free viewer.

Can I use the symbols? Or are they there just to taunt me to get CC3?
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Quote Originally Posted by Airith View Post
    Hi, just a quick question, I downloaded CC3 View a few days ago, and noticed I could not open any of the downloaded symbols... Some pjimg extension or something. If it's just because I haven't actually bought CC3, then fine, but I don't know why you still are able to download them with the free viewer.

Can I use the symbols? Or are they there just to taunt me to get CC3?
    The symbols are property of Profantasy, and as a result, yes you would need to Purchase the Program to get access to the symbols.

This is no different with Dunjinni. I can access the 'Free' User created Symbols, and use them in CC3, but I cannot access any of the Dunjinni Owned Symbols, even if from a free viewer as they are the property of the company in question.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I believe that there are a set of encrypted symbol sets that are downloaded with the viewer for CC3. These will allow you to view maps created with the symbols, but won't allow you to use the symbols themselves. For this, you'd have to buy CC3 for the basic symbols and the relevant add-on for the others.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games