Thread: Puzzle Dungeon

Default Puzzle Dungeon

Hey all! I haven't posted in a while. I have been pretty busy with work, school and the end of my D&D campaign. So here is a little something I am sharing with you guys form the latter end of my D&D game. I created a massive puzzle dungeon for my players and put them through hell and back I have the rough sketches here with the detailed info on each section/temple. The players had to use their heads for this one as there really only was 1 or two combat encounters. The rest was all mostly brain work and skill rolls. Once I have everything posted, if you have further questions feel free to ask about it.

The other great thing about this is that I am using this dungeon as a final project for my portfolio. I am going to get the finialized versions printed in large format so that they can be used as playable battle maps. I'm expecting to pay about $80 for printing for these four maps alone. I say, it's bloody worth it! I will get some pics later of the printed versions once I have them. So check these out, and I hope you enjoy them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark_Temple_Sketch.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	24144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice_Temple_Sketch.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	24145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Light_Temple_Sketch.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	263.2 KB 
ID:	24146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire_Temple_Sketch.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	24147  

So here are the final versions that I am getting printed. They don't have any of the details on the side as that isn't the focus of my portfolio I may add them in later, but for now I hope you guys like these! They files are about 1mb each, so there is plenty of detail. I also added a hedge maze that I got from the D&D Traps and Puzzles book; it's the displacer beast maze. I am not sure if I will print this one, however, I would appriciate any feedback! Enjoy! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maze.jpg 
Views:	820 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	24148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark_Temple.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	24149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Light_Temple_.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	24150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice_Temple.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	24151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire_Temple.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	24152  

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

They look good, the fun part is trying to figure out what trap or challenge is in each room.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Awesome! I'd love to hear what kinds of puzzles you have for these rooms.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking really good - did you make them yourself or is it a map maker program? .... And please post the puzzles that go with them, always like some good puzzles for my players
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The puzzles are posted above in the original post, a bit difficult to read since it's in faded pencil but you can make it out. They're rather clever, I'll have to try 'em out.