Thread: Host Change Imminent?!?!?

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info Host Change Imminent?!?!?

I just wanted to let you all know there's a major possibility we may be changing hosts this weekend. If not this weekend, then possibly next weekend. The donations have been helping drive my desire to get us settled somewhere we won't have any more "issues" such as what we've had over the past month or so.

So I want to forewarn you all there may be some extended downtime this weekend or next weekend. I'll keep you all posted as the decisions are made here.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Well any place the guild has less issues for you is good for us all I'm sure but... this isn't gonna put you more out of pocket is it? Because that 300 dollar goal on the donations bar must be WAY below what it costs to score this amount of bandwidth and server space the guild must take up.
    Really appreciate everything you put into this site Arcana.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well...the software is 250 bucks. Thats almost already paid for through this "years" donations...but keep in mind the donation goal of 300 was set knowing that there's already been a few donations this year. I have enough money now in my CG account to pay for the software, but that will put any hosting costs from here on out out of pocket. I may need to raise the goal a little to accomodate, but we'll see once I settle on a choice for a new host.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Now you're $10 closer to the goal...been meaning to do that for a while now. Good luck with the upgrade and with reaching the goal. Will try to help more when I can.
    M

Yep, another one, and I feel so happy to have done it! Wish I had more to give at the moment but this has been such an inspirational site for me that I just had to donate something as soon as I was able.

For all of you who share your artwork and encourage everyone else I want to say, "Thank you". My desire to donate to this site is in large part the influence of the folks here. It is the good critiques, the encouragement to carry on when projects start to bog you down. It is the fact that here is the first place I want to check when I wake up and often the last place I hang out before I hit the sack. There is always something new going on here, and being able to watch everyone's imagination coagulate on digital canvas is loads of fun. Thank you Arcana for keeping this going and although I could only kick in 10 bucks right now, I know and feel in my heart that it is but a small price to pay for such an excellent website. I get far more constructive entertainment here than I get from going to a 2 hour movie so it seems to me 10 dollars is a screaming deal.

Thanks to everyone else who contributed as well. I saw some large jumps on the donations bar so I know some of you put in a nice chunk.

Sincerely,

Jaxilon
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt