To start, I've been lurking around here for ages, working on my own maps and wondering when I'll be 'good enough' (total perfectionist speaking) to join and start uploading some work ^.^ I've been working on a planet/world for ... 10-11 years now. I started out with just a continent and sad little stories I cringe to remember, but after quite a bit off bull-head perseverance I've reached a point where I'm actually quite happy with what I've 'churned out'. Not just a perfectionist but a detail-oriented big-picture person (I'm an oxymoron, and yes you can remove oxy ^.^; ), I haven't really used my world for anything yet, except as a place to toss a lot of creature, "being", plant, and architectural sketches I didn't have a place for. I finally worked through some tutorials I found 'round the 'net and tossed in some malfunctioning brain-matter and have come up with an historical 'map' of the various nations currently occupying one of my 3 major continents, as well as a world map, and a political map of that 1 continent.

Looking forward to joining this fantastic community and learning bunches of stuff (and drooling copiously over the lovely maps presented by so many talented people)!

- Alizarine