Thread: Central Oasia

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Central Oasia

Though the name changed a couple of times in the making, here's the final product of the WIP found here.

The map was done in CS2, with the background parchment courtesy of Coyotemax (Thanks!), and the border was done using Coyotemax's beaten gold tut (thanks x2). The font is Roman Antique (from dafont.com, I think).

I don't want to say too much about this world's background, since it's the setting for a story I'm currently plotting out and hope to eventually turn into a novel. Generally, it's a subtropical to tropical climate, with sections of the northern peninsula having a Mediterranean climate. The city-states and kingdoms of that peninsula are kind of a mix of various Asian cultures, with some Babylonian and Aztec thrown in. The island empire in the east, Tsokanda, is one of this world's strongest nations, with large colonies to the east and north. Vediyya, in the south, is an Egyptian/Indian fusion in theme, while the Jendai nomads are a steppe/Mongol/Sioux culture.

Magic exists and is quite powerful in this world, and there are several different 'varieties', from the mage-clans of the north, to the elemental shamans of the Jendai, the necromancers of Vediyya, and the mechanicians of Tsokanda.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OasiaFinal.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	24297  

Looks amazing nice job!
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Yes, very nice job and much better than the maps most Novels have. So at least in that regard you are ahead of the game.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thanks, dudes! I wasn't entirely happy with the border, and I may change it again, but I thought the map itself turned out quite nicely.

Wow Diamond, I am really impressed. I really like your take on an atlas style. Repped.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Splendid work
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/