Thread: Central Oasia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Central Oasia

Though the name changed a couple of times in the making, here's the final product of the WIP found here.

The map was done in CS2, with the background parchment courtesy of Coyotemax (Thanks!), and the border was done using Coyotemax's beaten gold tut (thanks x2). The font is Roman Antique (from dafont.com, I think).

I don't want to say too much about this world's background, since it's the setting for a story I'm currently plotting out and hope to eventually turn into a novel. Generally, it's a subtropical to tropical climate, with sections of the northern peninsula having a Mediterranean climate. The city-states and kingdoms of that peninsula are kind of a mix of various Asian cultures, with some Babylonian and Aztec thrown in. The island empire in the east, Tsokanda, is one of this world's strongest nations, with large colonies to the east and north. Vediyya, in the south, is an Egyptian/Indian fusion in theme, while the Jendai nomads are a steppe/Mongol/Sioux culture.

Magic exists and is quite powerful in this world, and there are several different 'varieties', from the mage-clans of the north, to the elemental shamans of the Jendai, the necromancers of Vediyya, and the mechanicians of Tsokanda.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OasiaFinal.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	24297