Thread: Hello

Post Hello

I started playing RPG's in the late 70's, began with Dungeons & Dragons blue box edition, graduated quickly to AD&D and then had a long break. You know, life and stuff. Got back into it in the late 80's with 2nd Addition AD&D and refused from then on to explore subsequent additions, until now.

Have been trying to run an online campaign with all the great new tools at my disposal, it's time consuming and can have a lot of life interruptions, but it's fun. Hope to use the Guild as a place to exchange idea's and make new friends.

Feel free to take a look at the campaign, it's not much but I call it home when I can.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Welcome - I still think that 2nd edition with all its warts led to the best D&D I played. 3rd fixed some problems and introduced others and 4th is a little bit different from the previous ones I think and I find it more constrained.

Welcome to the Guild Shamoda. Many here, including myself, are gamers as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Redrobes, I was just in England in March, it was fantastic for my first time visit. Spent a few days in London and then went on down to Penzance for a few more, I loved it. I have to agree with you on your observation of D&D's evolution. I've had the terrific luck of having a DM who really loved doing just that, being a DM. Over the years however, he has really concentrated on the details of combat and realism, which while it has it's place to a degree in the game, I find it becomes less the fantasy that I wanted.

Which basically has me toying with this play by forum concept. I'm a writer by my choice of hobbies, I don't typically have the patience for all the minutia of running a campaign. What I'm good at is stories and how to work with the tools available to me, like CC3 and the internet. I look forward to lurking, learning and sharing.
    Last edited by shamoda; 05-04-2010 at 09:06 PM.