Thread: The Lands of Todes Grube

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map The Lands of Todes Grube

A friend of mine asked me to redo his map that he's been using for the past 30 years in his D&D campaigns, I happily obliged him having spent many a night enjoying the campaign as a player. (If you care to see the his original map its in the WIP thread)

Having just discovered the guild and being awed by the wealth of information and talented artists. I decided for this map I'd specifically use some new techniques I was reading over in the tutorials sections. In particular I used Midgardsormor's clone technique for the all of my landscape icons. A simple, yet effective method, I almost feel silly not having thought of it myself. I also used RobA's weathered paper tutorial to spice up the background textures (thanks for the grunge brush links in that tutorial) I also picked up little things here and there just from looking over all the talent that keeps being posted daily, too much to even keep up with!

All the elements are hand drawn and scanned, a few are brushes from drawings. I used PS CS3 to put it all together and create the textures. Used a old version of Micromedia Freehand (I really need to update that) to create the crests.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments, critiques and help in the WIP thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	todesgrube6_300a.jpg 
Views:	2610 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	24314  
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.