Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Empire of Humankind Companion Book

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Another "print" of the book...

I seem to be having some problems with the images in the pdf. They look all distorted and ugly.
    I use Microsoft Word to write the book, and insert the images, and then use CutePDF Writer to convert into .pdf. It converts the text just fine, but the images become distorted. Do any of you have any suggestions? How do you write pdf files?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Companion Book.pdf  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use InDesign for all my dtp work - and that makes pdf's AND is the greatest program in the world ... I only use word for simple letters, just not enough options in there. But if I didn't use InDesign I would use Acrobat Professional for pdf creation - but that costs money too...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar

I plan on doing something like this, but with only one world. Like you I don't play the RPGs for which something like this is usually done, but I find world building to be very entertaining. Good work man, interesting read.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

Blog Entries

@Daelin, Try Open Office. I think it is way better than word and has a feature to directly export as PDF. And it's free.

I found this to be a very interesting read. Ambitious project, to be sure. But even if it's never finished, as long as you have fun working on it, go for it. You're doing quality work here.

I second checking out OpenOffice, it's got a nice PDF exporter and lots of options. I haven't tried to use it for anything this fancy yet but it won't cost you anything but some time to attempt it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar

The new Microsoft Office 2010 has some really nice features in it...I don't know if that's what you have, but I absolutly love it...
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12