Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost Temple experiment

Jaxilon, I think this is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to incorporate it into my campaign. :-)

Cool! I'm glad you like it and hope you will be able to use it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or things that might be better for my next one. I hope to be able to make many more. Also, I'm not quite done with this one yet as I still need to go back and add some busted stuff, bones and whatever variety of refuse I can create that looks passably good drawing with a mouse....actually, I could probably do some of that in my sketchbook and port that in...hmmm, sounds like another experiment coming on.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I was just staring a few minutes breathlessly at the last thumbnail, wishing I had the full map to appreciate all the details I now only can suspect there are. Awesome, totally awesome! I do like the style of your work, honestly!

Thanks for the compliments, it is encouraging.

I didn't have much time to do anything more but I did manage to get a skeleton in there. This really showed me the weakness in having to use a digital camera for small stuff but I think in the end I worked it out alright. I did a few touch up things here and there but still need to put stuff in the rooms etc. I'm just slammed for time due to gearing up for vacation next week. Oh well, I'll just have to finish it up when I get back I guess.

Latest iteration
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TempleExpanded.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	633.8 KB 
ID:	24500  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

How can I get a full version of the map (the 7mb variant) ? My eMail won't process mails of that size...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't think that you need the images in the corners. The top left one I don't even know what it is, the bottom left one just doesn't seem to fit. Otherwise, this look really great, man. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
    How can I get a full version of the map (the 7mb variant) ? My eMail won't process mails of that size...
    You should be able to just right click on the image and save a copy on your Hard drive. Unless there is something I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I don't think that you need the images in the corners. The top left one I don't even know what it is, the bottom left one just doesn't seem to fit. Otherwise, this look really great, man. Nice job.
    I was wondering about those, they are just the frontal sketches of the locations on the map. I can get rid of them but may add them because in the VTT's you can have images that pop up like a playing card of whatever the players are looking at.
    I haven't worked on them for a while but the top left is a frontal view of the entrance area - The bottom left is the statue behind the alter with the white wings (you can see it near the south end of the alter room - and the bottom right is the alter that stands right in front of the Winged statue.
    I did plan to fiddle with those a bit more so they were more obvious but I wasn't sure what the best way to deal with them were nor even if they were useful. I'm thinking maybe just have them as separate images in case anyone wants to use them?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ya got me there, I don't know the first thing about VTTs and what they can do.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    You should be able to just right click on the image and save a copy on your Hard drive. Unless there is something I'm missing?
    I am able to get a version of 634kb size, but that allows to view enough details to make up my mind, I think. I'll have a good close look and think about if it is already perfect or some small changes could improve the map for my purposes...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast