Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cavern Map WIP

Yeah. This is an apt lair for ice devils. I got a little shiver just looking at the map.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

I like the first and last images, but for the first one I'd prefer a more neutral background (which would probably be tricky to do without changing the color of the cave and water). Are those columns of iridescent rock or small pools? A hellish, molten version would be interesting too.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking really good torstan, like your use of colors very much ... the waterfalls feel a little soft, but I'm guessing thats on purpose
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks guys. Changing the background of the first is pretty easy as I hve the walls as a separate selection. However I'm going with the later colouring I think. Interesting idea on the lava - that's certainly a possibility. I've a few other things landing on my plate right now so this is a little on the back burner. I'll get back to it soon enough though.

It looks like the decision on the colors has already been made but I will add my analysis as well for the record.

The first image, with the charcoal looking background lends itself to the idea of darkness and it highlights the water such that it seems significant.
    The second image lends itself to icy-cold and the river is not as significant because the entire area is trouble (this is because the whole area is shrouded in ice or at the very least cold).

So if the second is what you want it sounds like you choose correctly.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12