Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Campaign map in MS Paint

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westmarch.png 
Views:	4796 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	37511

Hi all -- this is my first time posting here, so I thought I would bring out an old map I did a few years back using the pit of evil and groaning death that is MS Paint. This map was for a campaign I used to run and is centered on the lands of Westmark. The game lasted quite a while and during the course of the campaign I updated the map here and there, adding icons in the forests and mountains to show the locations of various beasts and locales the party encountered/explored.

I began with an old parchment-style texture to give it the overall feel of a hand-drawn map, and kept the colors very simple and -- not sure if this is a word or not -- 'inky'. I finished it up with some aging around the edges, and decided to give it a center-line crease/tear once the whole thing was complete. I cannot convey just how time-consuming this was.

Looking back, I really wish I had downloaded a better font than the one I ended up using -- my newer efforts generally see me using Boister or Hyborian fonts. I don't even remember what font this was... oh well.
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Spelling