Thread: WIP - Ortellum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP - Ortellum

This is my first real map, though it is in its fourth (and likely final) incarnation at this point. It is still a work in progress, and I appreciate any feedback everyone might have.

This is the world of Ortellum, home to the last known Humans in the galaxy, and is the game world for a pen & paper RPG I've been working on. It takes place approx in the year 2150 and is home to around 250k Humans, plus several sentient native species. The Humans were to be the first self-sustaining extrasolar Human colony, but ended up here after losing their navigational data to an on-board conflict. This conflict was sparked by a war on Earth that is believed to have rendered the planet uninhabitable. Of course, the story is a bit more complicated than that, as are ther events that took place after Human arrival on Ortellum, but I didn't want to post a small novel.

This map shows the entirety of the established game world, although not all of the planet. This area contains approximately 132 million square kilometers of land and ocean. The majority of the major regions/climates/ecosystems on the northern part of the continent are complete, though I'm not happy about a couple of them. I've got to work out the details of the southern regions, and then I'll update those areas. Then I'll add more details, cities, map marking, etc.

Created in PS CS4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ortellum v041.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	24434