Thread: Regional map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Map Regional map

Hello all,

This is based on a map I posted 1 year ago using RobA's mapping guides. This new one uses Paizo's amazing PS guide and I want to thank him for the wonderful tutorials.

Once again a few of the names are TM of Wizards of the Coast.

Cheers

GC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Campaign 2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	24499  

Nice job Ghorger. Wishing you many happy hours of campaigning with this map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice map you've done there - I recognize the style, used it myself in my Mountain Realms map. A couple of comments ... the field/grass areas could use a bit more bumpiness - they are very smooth in comparrison to the rest of the map. You have to look at your rivers - rivers only go together they don't split (two rivers enter - on river leaves... like cagefigthing) so follow the flow of each river and make sure it doesn't split
    The ocean is a bit strong - maybe a slight tone down .. other than that looking good, and remember to throw a scale and a compass in there somewhere
    Have some rep
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Pazio? isn't is Pasis? but none the less great start!
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Guild Novice

Yandor is right, humble apologies to Pasis I posted this a tad late

Thanks for the advice, I'm about to start another one and I'll keep it in mind.

This is a good lookin' map; I recognize the Pasis tutorial base there, but you've done a great job creating your own map with it ^.^ I used that tutorial myself for my first (digital) maps. One thing I found that helps with that water texture - I used it and yeah, it's strong o.o - is to play with the opacity and layer modes (if you've got PS). It might also be a good idea to overlay a darker color without a texture or pattern, set it to multiply and/or lower the opacity and use that for deeper water. I haven't used that water pattern in a while, but it is a good one if toned down a bit. Good luck with this and your next map!

- Alizarine
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Map My work..

That's excellent map! This also my map of a region in My Imaginary country... seem more "scientific" haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map3.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	24587