Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First post...Pro Map for Orange Cone Games

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Default and yet more...

and a couple more...

Nice art work.

Though (since I don't know the game mechanisms) seeing a square grid overlayed on a isometric/aerial perspective just looks wrong to me Is there a reason the grids are square rather than iso?

-Rob A>

Lovely art work Epic.

Those are amazing, Jared. I'll have to look up that "Citadel" game--looks great & sounds intriguing. I still can't believe you use no filters on these; that's true talent!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I agree. The richness of the color palette is just so good that it really makes you stay and admire the artwork. That looks like it will be a neat game, but I will have to abstain from giving it a go, as I find MMORPGs and the like are addicting and I just don't have the time required to really immerse myself.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Hey Guys,

Thanks amillion for the comments

To answer your question, the grid is overlayed over the isometric view so it shows where the player may walk the Standard WASD config allows the player to move only intot he boxes that are connected to each other.

I do think that on some i could have toned down the boxes even more, and i may still in the futre. The orange shaded boxes are "wilderness" boxes, where the play may exit and enter the map.

Personally, I find that mmorg's get very repetive and are not as sophisticated as a game like this one (they always seem to rely on too much game mechanics rather than story telling, as well as the combat being booooooring). And then again, this game may be too slow for the average user (which text based games are for a specific niche crowd anyway).

Here is a link to Trident games website for any that may be interested:
    http://www.tridentgames.com/

Hope to have some more maps to post soon

~Jared

Wonderful artwork, TheRedEpic! No need to guard your secrets, I fear- you're a true artist. Merely knowing the mechanics won't help us mortals replicate stuff like that!

I am surprised my prior photoshop works and experiments didn't click when I actually looked at your maps, nor when I read your little tutorial thing, when creating your water and probably the terrain do you use the "Forum Signature" techinques? Grundge, Fractal, Abstract brushes?
    examples
    http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5117/yandor1wj0.jpg
    http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/16/yandorfl9.jpg

mind you it may not be the "Exact" same but I just never really thought about it like that until I thought about making a signature for these forums

P.S. the person/character in the signatures are just renders taken out of high quality art pictures =D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12