Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Host Change Process/Timing.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info Host Change Process/Timing.

Just wanted to let you all know that today and tomorrow we plan on making the transition to the new host. This will involve us shutting off all attachment/album permissions sometime today, because transferring those files will take the longest, and if we can prevent new attachments from being posted it will make that transition much more streamlined. Once all the attachments have been transferred, we will copy the rest of the site over, and at the final moment, we'll shut the website down and begin the database transition and domain transfer. The website will be turned on at the new host once all tests have been completed, and then once everyone's dns has propagated the new host should start appearing.

I'll be using the websites facebook page to keep everyone posted regarding any delays or problems, and I'm hoping that downtime will be very limited. But be prepared for several hours of site unavailability tomorrow.

I'd like to thank once again all the Gracious Donors that really pulled through on the recent call for donations. Without your contributions we'd not be where we are today, and this host change should make things better if all goes well.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Attachment uploadng SHOULD now be disabled. I think I got everyone...if anyone notices anyone uploading attachments until further notice, please post in this thread and let me know. And so we begin!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hahaha. I just finished my map

Good luck with the migration!!

Blog Entries

Well, here I am at starbucks, logged in to their internet, and waiting on my coffee...Once the coffee arrives (Iced Grande Caramel Coffee to be exact) I will be shutting down the forums and the next time you see it, we'll be on a new host. Soon after that I'll be shutting it down again to upgrade to the CMS suite. See ya soon!

Follow me on facebook...I'll probably be posting any updates/status/problems on there.

Blog Entries

Host Change is complete. I think.

Everything is looking good so far...Except attachments seem to be not quite working yet...I'm going to have to wait for RobA before we figure that out.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

super - I obviously went to lunch at the right time - didn't even "see" the migration ... looking forward to everything is finished and up andrunning - good work guys
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Lucky me didn't have to wait that long. Home, sweet home again. : )

Antheon
    happy to post again
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

Blog Entries

Attachments are now fixed (displaying)...For now. At this point, I'm going to wait for RobA to come online, and then we're going to revert to the original attachment folder structure. After that, I'll probably have to regenerate thumbnails, which could take a while, and then we'll be upgrading to the CMS suite. What a busy day for the guild! Thanks so much for all your support!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

And thanks a lot for all your hard work.

Blog Entries

Currently rebuilding all the attachment thumbnails after reverting to the old attachment storage method. This could take a while...after that we'll do the CMS upgrade. Thumbnails will be appearing as they are regenerated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast