Thread: Worlds largest dungeon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Default Worlds largest dungeon

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to digitaly do the maps for this? I just picked it up and was thinking it would be fun to do this with my D&D group.

The Worlds Largest Dungeon is a large project, takes characters from level 1 up to 20th.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah.. looked at it some years ago, but decided against it as I thought my players would like to be out and about more ... but that would be a huge project to make into battle maps - only a Mad Cartographer would dare to touch it *LOL*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That thing is insanely large, isn't it? Like 20 sheets of fold-out maps? It's like Telengard (anybody remember that?) on paper. If one of the trials of Hercules had been mapmaking then this would have been the one.
    M

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Yea it's 16 fold out maps. I recently purchased it (100.00 ish!) and I may do this mainly because I think my D&D group would love to play this.

Any CC3'ers out there that care to help?
    Last edited by MadCartographer; 05-10-2010 at 01:59 PM.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

Guild Applicant

You can get a pdf of the whole map at
    http://www.worldslargestdungeon.com/resources/

I know when it was first released, they also released each map in pdf format as well.

You can get the individual pdf maps from here:
    http://www.james.neetersoft.com/wld/wld.htm

AEG gave permission to host/post the maps, so you don't have to worry about them being ripped off from somewhere.

I know pdf's aren't the best if you are planning on doing some manipulation, but hopefully it's still useful.

Alarian

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I'm currently trying to re-map it for use on Roll20.net. Obviously I'm a masochist

Quote Originally Posted by Obscu View Post
    I'm currently trying to re-map it for use on Roll20.net. Obviously I'm a masochist
    Were you able to do this? If so, would you be willing to share/sell your assets?

A friend just recently started this dungeon with us, and expressed interested in using roll20 to integrate a couple of more players.

I'm also curious how it went - not just the mapping, but the play. I have World's Largest Dungeon (and City) and I feel like they focused too much on being BIG and not enough on being GOOD. I enjoyed Rappan Athuk more which is a substantial dungeon even if it isn't the 'largest'. Did you stick with the campaign?