Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Overdue "Hello"

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Default Long Overdue "Hello"

Greetings, one and all!

My apologies too, though I'm the one who paid for my oversight. I actually registered for the forum some time ago, as I've long been fascinated by maps. For some reason I didn't follow through on my interests, and it's taken 'til now for me to see what I missed out on. Browsing around these boards again today I have been soundly inspired and provoked into thought. I hope I can make amends and start joining in henceforth!

I'm a games design graduate from the UK, currently about as unemployed as any graduate could expect to be in this country. :/ As I noodle about with writing, designing and illustrating for my portfolio projects, I've returned to my cartographic passion on a few occasions.

I'm also reuniting myself with maps from the everyday world, thanks in part to BBC Four's recent The Beauty of Maps documentary series. (I'm sure it's been mentioned here already, but if you haven't yet I strongly recommend you boot the BBC iPlayer up and take a look!)

It certainly seems I've come to the right place at long last; it's a pleasure to meet you.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome Sinnyo to the forum, lots of good stuff in here ... looking forward to seing what you do, just ask if you need anything ... and a games design graduate does what?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild! May your new found passion give birth to some beautiful maps. I'm looking forward to see maps through the eyes of a games design graduate. : )
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

Yes welcome Shinyo, you will be hard pressed to find a more helpful and supportive community than the Guild, so by all means, post some of your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Greetings and thank you, Tilt and Antheon (EDIT: and Arsheesh - my, what fast responses!)

In answer to Tilt's question, my course was quite broad but I basically graduated in the design and development of video games. I tend to write game scripts and map level designs rather than produce 3D models or code, though.

I'm rediscovering a lot of my map work, but there are some vaguely mappish things already going on at my site, usually in Photoshop or drawn out in Google Sketchup. I'll see to digging some better stuff out of my hard drive, and tuning the sci-fi maps I'm making for my games projects.

Blog Entries

It seems that I'm getting old as I haven't found map related stuff on your site but that could also be because I didn't have a clue where to look for it. What a shame! And there I was, hoping to see some maps. Now I'm looking for a tutorial "Browsing for dummies and 50+" ... : (

Antheon
    trying to push his ego to its old glory
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

Quote Originally Posted by Antheon View Post
    It seems that I'm getting old as I haven't found map related stuff on your site but that could also be because I didn't have a clue where to look for it. What a shame! And there I was, hoping to see some maps. Now I'm looking for a tutorial "Browsing for dummies and 50+" ... : (
    Strange.. my reply got swallowed up somewhere. Anyway, that's my doing, sorry: my 'site isn't map-specific, but maps happen to feature in a smattering of my portfolio works. That's why I said I'd endeavour to dig some up, and hopefully share them here!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Hey Sinnyo,

Welcome. Your not a million miles from me and I run a guild members map in my sig so add yourself to the pins in it - just approx will do. We get many games designers here and I am always interested in film and games creation too. I have credits on just the one game and long ago it was too tho I have worked a fair bit in industrial graphics - just not games on the whole. I see your SonicFanatic on the 360 and my handle is Redrobes (i'm redrobes just about everywhere I tread). I have been checking out the Halo 3 beta this week - tried it yet ?

Well, good to see ya and post them maps ! For games design maps its usually in the world/regional or the board game topics.

Thanks to you both, and ta, Redrobes! I'll be sure to check those boards out in particular.

Alas, while I list my Xbox Live card I still don't own an Xbox 360. It's one of those embarrassing things I haven't gotten around to, for one reason or another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast