Thread: Haelith

Default Haelith

Well here is one Continent, of a bigger World Map. This is one of many to come hopefully! I think I got most of the flaws and tweaks out of it, thanks to Diamond, Alizarine, and Arsheesh, so thanks to them!

Well here it is, hope you like it!

p.s. I had to save it just a little under the normal Quality that it should be saved as (the file size was too big to upload here) but needless to say you get the idea!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent3Final #1.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	4.74 MB 
ID:	24569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent3Final #2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	24568  
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Nicely done Yander, I love the forests, the mountains and the ocean. And as for the acknowledgments, thanks, but I think i owe more to you than the other way around. Repped.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Well done! Love the vivid colors. Repped and rated

Arsheesh Thanks for the praise! But I still don't know how I helped =D but I'll take the credit anyways.

Gidde thanks, I've always been a huge fan of richly colored things, so thanks for noticing. =)

p.s. as I had the image of my map in the background as I was doing something else, I noticed the blue border of Cressra was off... somehow.. weird but a simple fix.
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

These are both gorgeous. I have to admit it's just a wee bit odd that all the kingdoms seem to have cleared the majority of their land of trees, but that's just a technicality. And of course it could be entirely due to a personal weirdness for forests I suppose ^.^ No matter what the reason is (and you don't need one) these are some fantastic maps. I just slightly (and only slightly) prefer the second one because it clearly indicates borders - and even indicates maritime control! - but the first one is really just as amazing. You've got me hooked; definitely looking forward to those other continents. Saved and repped ^.^
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

I like your style. Normally I am not a fan of bright colours, but it fits perfectly. My only point of criticism (but I think only for me) the symbols are not very intuitive. It is a great map for gaming: so many ruins and POI's to explore. I just want to jump in and start...

Quote Originally Posted by alizarine View Post
    These are both gorgeous. I have to admit it's just a wee bit odd that all the kingdoms seem to have cleared the majority of their land of trees, but that's just a technicality. And of course it could be entirely due to a personal weirdness for forests I suppose ^.^ No matter what the reason is (and you don't need one) these are some fantastic maps. I just slightly (and only slightly) prefer the second one because it clearly indicates borders - and even indicates maritime control! - but the first one is really just as amazing. You've got me hooked; definitely looking forward to those other continents. Saved and repped ^.^
    haha Alizarine, the only excuse I can give you is, the forests have a tendency to "lash back" most of the ruins were once part of the kingdoms now shown, so as the forest reclaimed land the kingdoms got pushed inward to their central location (of the most cleared portion of woods) If that makes sense.... Needless to say the people underestimated the woods and fear them...

Katto Thanks for the comments, and the symbols are a as you said "not very intuitive" but it was a lack of creativity on my part, and laziness =D haha plus I wanted something I could replicate and fast, to place all the icons (once I got the combo I liked) it took like 5 mins so yeah.... Thanks though!
    Projects

Great stuff. I love a map that not only looks good but has you wanting to explore right away. I'm duley impressed, have a rep-whack.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..