Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Velaedin Empire

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Working on that tut; in the meantime, this is the tutorial that got me started on the mountains, although you can see that mine did end up a little different from his. It should work equally well in PS or Gimp.

Wow, that is a heaps better way of making mountains than the way I am doing it. Although when I made the rough copy for mine, I drew it on paper with just gray pencil and scanned it into PS, and used it as a background image and traced around it in PS with the brush tool. From then, I've been hand detailing everything with the brush tool. Perhaps in the future I'll do my maps with these kind of mountains instead. Mountains always seem like the most popular thing to put on a map.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

They are one of the more prominent geological features - they impact borders, trade routes, weather patterns, all sorts of stuff. there aren't many regional or larger scale that don't show hills or mountains

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234