Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Ascensions' Atlas style in Photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Default Article: Ascensions' Atlas style in Photoshop

If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Member

Thank you. I feel guilty for downloading this tutorial. It's so great. There are milestones I have overcome in photoshop by reading this. I hope to follow in your foot steps in sharing my best with the guild.

Thanks

Didn't even know I had an article. Don't feel guilty, man. It's there for you to learn from and maybe one day teach me a thing or two...so have fun with it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Thanks a lot for your tutorial! There are a couple of things you could do simpler (you don't have to link layers before merging them, for example), but even I learned something new - and I actually teach Photoshop classes... I created a short version of your tutorial for a Digital Painting Class (in German, though) based on your work, so thanks a lot!

You're quite welcome.

I'm lost for words, this tutorial is so great, I'm using the map I make with it for my novel! Thnx so much!!

Just gimme a shout out of ya get published

Wow - this is beyond truly awesome!

I'm a photoshp newbie and I managed to figure it all out and make a very decent map (IMHO).

I even made one change on my own - I moved and copied the mountains sections before applying the lighting and bevel. This seemed to work better as I couldn't figure out how to copy mountains after the lighting+bevel had been applied.

Again - truly impressive stuff. Can't give enough thanks.

Wow. I'm a brand new cartographer and I have so many ideas but am still playing with the building blocks of it all and this tutorial is a dream come true! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Bonjour aux francophones !

Ainsi que je l'ai indiqué à l'auteur de ce tuto sur son profil, j'ai beaucoup apprécié son travail fantastique. Cependant, si vous avez comme moi une version en Français de Photoshop vous allez rapidement vous faire des nœuds au cerveau pour trouver à quoi correspondent les termes utilisés, vu que les traducteurs d'Adobe n'ont pas forcément utilisé les termes les plus pertinents pour nous. Je vous propose donc une traduction de ce tuto. J'ai pris le temps de vérifier chaque terme pour éviter toute erreur. Si cette traduction plaît (n'hésitez pas à me le faire savoir en m'envoyant un message), je pourrais vous en proposer d'autres ultérieurement. Amusez-vous bien !

IN ENGLISH !

Hi to francophone people !
    As I wrote to this tutos' author on his profile, I really appreciate his fantastic job. But, if you are using the french version of Photoshop as I do, you'll quicky become nuts on trying to find what matches with the used tems, because of their low pertinence choosed by the adobe's translaters . So I'd like to submitt a translation to you. I took my time to verify each term to find out any mistake. If you like this translation (do not hesitate to send me a message), I will be able to submitt some others, later. Have fun !

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast