Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little house

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well, since you are 90% done, that second floor can't take long
    I agree about the road, a small cabin like that will probably only have a dirt road or wagon trail and the road will most likely end by the cabin (but not necessarily)
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it looks excellent. Nice work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    well, since you are 90% done, that second floor can't take long
    I agree about the road, a small cabin like that will probably only have a dirt road or wagon trail and the road will most likely end by the cabin (but not necessarily)
    Yep, second floor will be super easy: Just need to make some furnishings for it.

The idea is that this will be a "town pack" with a house or two, a general shop and a blacksmith, and maybe a temple, so maybe the nicer road is justified? Not sure. I'll keep thinking.

Map

finishing touches on both floors. I used a fake depth-of-field effect to make the second floor look like a second floor, I also added a tree, but realized I don't really know how to handle tree-cover on a D&D map! Do I make the tree transparent? Do I assume that the DM knows there is open space under the canopy?

Anyway, other than adding a small amount of furnishings in the hallway on the top floor, I think this is aboooout wrapped up. You will probably be seeing it in the "finished maps" section soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newhouse.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	761.6 KB 
ID:	25170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newhouse 2nd floor.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	414.1 KB 
ID:	25172  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 05-27-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice - look just about done to me
    Concidering threes, I would suggest one of two options:
    1. Leave it as is and let the GM handle it
    2. Mark by a circle in the three (filled or otherwise) where the log is
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I am so snatching this to use in my Hellfrost game. Ive been needing a small house.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Someguy: I don't have any problem with you using the file for free, but I will be publishing it for sale on TheGameCrafter.com in a day or two: you'll be able to pick it up, printed at 300dpi (these images are 100dpi) on the full-sized 10x16 sheets of heavy card-stock, for really cheap. If you feel like "supporting the artist" (and can wait a few days for delivery) that would be super cool. It will also come with some other extra versatile scenery.

I'm also taking requests for my next map project!

Hey guys! I made a few more modifications and finished up! You can check out the finished map in the finished map forum over HERE.

You can also check out the full product over on TheGameCrafter.com right over HERE. If you want to support an amateur artist, feel free to pick one up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	25275  

at just under $8 i think its more than worth it.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12