Thread: Alternate Africa/Arabia map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Alternate Africa/Arabia map

I'm looking at creating an alternate earth setting for a personal project of mine, and although I'd like to be able to do it myself, I don't have the patience or skill to try and work out how to get what I'm thinking of.

I would like to request of someone to make up a somewhat large map of Arabia and Africa. I'm not looking for anything detailed, not as of yet. I just want something that separates the land from the water, so even a black and white outline would do. All I'd like to be able to see would be where the major rivers and lakes are with an outline of the land.

Ideally, the furthest land shown on the left would be the west coast of northern Africa, the furthest at the top would be halfway through France, the furthest to the right would be the eastern border of Iran, and the very bottom would be Africa.

Mostly this is so that I can gauge distances and place markers on village locations, et cetera, so that my setting can know something akin to existence. I wouldn't be wanting anything larger than 3500 pixels vertically, and gauging the difference between the width of the mapped area and the height of the mapped area, it shouldn't need much more than maybe 2500 pixels wide. So long as it doesn't exceed 3500 pixels squared, it should be perfect.

If what I'm asking for is not quite clarified enough, please do ask questions.

Thank you to anyone considering taking this up. I know it's probably an odd or complicated request, given how basic it is, but I suppose it does have its own merits.
    Last edited by RobA; 07-15-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Something like this, maybe? I just found it while searching online for a similar type map for a project I'm doing. I hope you find this useful.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I was thinking something like that, but I need more of the area and I don't want any borders. I'll be adding in borders of my own and stuff like that.

Hmm... this is sufficiently simple that I'm surprised it hasn't been taken. Is this what you're looking for?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	africa.pdf 
Views:	94 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	24822
    If you want contour lines or shading by altitude, that would also be simple.

You are so wonderful.

That fixes my problem entirely.

Thank you, and good night.