Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Star Empire of Manticore (Fan Project)

Guild Journeyer

The Wiki says that the information is referenced in "On Basilisk Station" and in "The Crown of Slaves." So maybe that will direct your reading intentions. =)
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks! That does indeed help

I'm quite fond of Honor and I like the idea of bettering Weber's maps but could you make it in 3 dimensions?

Haha, Przemyslaw, I wish I could. Unfortunately there are 2 stumbling blocks to a 3d honorverse map: the first is lack of information. All of the astrographical info in the books is "galactic north", etc., and all of the maps are 2d. The second is, regrettably, my lack of skill; I don't have the first idea how to go about making a 2d star map look 3d

Haven't forgotten this project by the way, just trying to decide which direction to go with it to transform it from bunches of dots and names to something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Haha, Przemyslaw, I wish I could. Unfortunately there are 2 stumbling blocks to a 3d honorverse map: the first is lack of information. All of the astrographical info in the books is "galactic north", etc., and all of the maps are 2d. The second is, regrettably, my lack of skill; I don't have the first idea how to go about making a 2d star map look 3d

Haven't forgotten this project by the way, just trying to decide which direction to go with it to transform it from bunches of dots and names to something cool.
    Remember and repeat words of your president: I CAN. I CAN. I CAN.

There's always possibility for you to start some more humble projects like 3D maps or schemes of specific star systems. I don't know if it'd be of any help but I've got Polish editions of these two books: The Royal Manticoran Navy and The Havenite Republican Navy.

I've never even heard of those books! And I thought I had the whole Honorverse catalog. Are they collections of short stories, or pure companion books?

The exact titles go: Jane's Intelligence Review 1905PD. The Royal... and so on and if you know what the real (from Our World, I mean) Jane's is for and about...

Guild Journeyer

They are a game supplement from Ad Astra games. Here's a link to one on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Jaynes-Intelli.../dp/1934153087
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Ahh, cool ... so they did actually make a product. I'd heard it was in the works, but not whether they'd actually released anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12