Thread: Western Baronies / Darkmoon Vale

Default Western Baronies / Darkmoon Vale

Well, I think I'm calling this done. This map represents a hybrid of the Darkmoon Vale region of Andoran (a nation within the Pathfinder campaign world of Golarion) and the Western Baronies, a region within my own Campaign world of Eriond. I am currently running a campaign within my world that makes use of several modules published by paizo that are set within Darkmoon Vale. While the regional maps of Darkmoon Vale done by Robert Lazzaretti and Christopher West are wonderful, I wanted a regional map of the vale that fit within my own world. Hence the reason for this map.

I want to thank everyone who provided me with constructive feedback on the earlier versions of this map. In particular, I would like to thank Ascension, Tilt and Yandor for advice on how to improve the hue of my forests. Thanks to yall I think that the forests turned out much nicer than they otherwise would have.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Edit: Oh, and this map was done completely in GIMP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Western Baronies.jpg 
Views:	3069 
Size:	835.2 KB 
ID:	24665  
    Last edited by arsheesh; 05-11-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Very, very, very good! the mountains and the forests are without a doubt rep worthy in of themselves. Bravo!

Default Mpas used to create the Western Baronies

Thank you Rythal, I had allot of help getting the forests to look the way they do. Also, I thought I'd show the two maps that I was drawing from to create this map of the Western Baronies. The first map was done by Christopher West (a fellow member of the Guild). The second is the northern segment of my first map. The area circled in red is essentially what I was trying to reproduce in the current map, with some of the added features of Chris's map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falcon's Hollow Environs.jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	24669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The north2.jpg 
Views:	1321 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	24670  

Nice job! Looks great, and thanks for the mention!
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Great stuff - well done. I like the forests - and the mountains are lovely. Good font too - what is it?

Repped and rated. Good job.

Thank you Yandor for your advice. Torstan, thanks, those were two of the elements I worked the hardest on. To answer your question, the font I used is called "Optimus Princeps".

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Great font. I use that one a lot as well. (Or its twin, trajan pro.)