Thread: Greetles

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Uncle Twitchy's Avatar
    Sitting on a park bench (eying little girls with bad intent)

Post Greetles

Hello, everyone,

Well, I've lurked for about a week now, so it's high time I introduced myself before I show off one of my earlier maps and my current work in progress.

I'm John, a.k.a. Uncle Twitchy, and I've been gaming and making fantasy maps since, oh, 1978 when I discovered both D&D and The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I've been making gaming maps for my friends for years now ("No, Pete, you can't have a river flow out of a mountain valley, through a forest and into a neighboring desert only to stop there. It doesn't work that way." "It does if there's magic. Look, I need that to do that for a specific reason I can't tell you." "Okay, whatever.") as well as for myself.

Anyway, I'm one of those jack-of-all-trades master-of-none types... I dabble in map making, conlanging, world creation and so on and so forth, occasionally writing stories or running gaming campaigns set in those creations. I'm a graphic designer and prepress operator by trade and have access to and work regularly with the Adobe Creative Suite on Macs both here at work and at home. I have a Wacom Intuos tablet that I never use and should. I also write and record Beatles song pastiches and post them on iCompositions.com under the name Beatle128.

So that's me for now. Look for an example of one of my earlier maps and my current WIP elsewhere, and thanks for letting me play in your playground.

Welcome to the Guild John (Twitchy)! Well it sounds like your on old hand at this so I look forward to checking out your upcoming posts. Glad you decided to come hang at the playground.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Welcome to the guild!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

A warm welcome to thee!
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave