Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kaiserreich Drachenstein

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Aw, yeah, this is crazy cool. The professional look almost rivals that of a2area. The level of detail is astounding.
    The absolutely only thing I can put my finger on, is that the layout of the islands seem a bit unrealistic, but who even cares about that.
    Also, what little text there is, is in German, and even though I'm Danish, I'm not well-versed in that particular language. But heck, that doesn't count as a criticism, that's just because I was lazy and didn't pay attention during German classes.
    Super nice debut, mate!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Holy frejoles. I'll add my appreciation of this as well. Uber job, my man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I just went to DA and downloaded it so I could see it in full detail. Absolutely amazing!!!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Uncle Twitchy's Avatar
    Sitting on a park bench (eying little girls with bad intent)

Yes, this is beautiful.

Guild Novice

Thank you all so very very much. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    The absolutely only thing I can put my finger on, is that the layout of the islands seem a bit unrealistic, but who even cares about that.
    Yeah, I've been a little unsure about that, maybe I'm going to add some smaller isles here and there for realism someday. The reason for the layout is that the map was first drawn when I was 12, with pencil onto a Din A4 piece of paper (you can still see that by the fact that all islands fit exactly onto the Din format; the continent in the West was added later...). And yeah - I obviously didn't care too much for realism when I was 12. ^^

Also, what little text there is, is in German, and even though I'm Danish, I'm not well-versed in that particular language. But heck, that doesn't count as a criticism, that's just because I was lazy and didn't pay attention during German classes.
    The ocean/bay names in brackets only translate the text above them from Drakish (the language spoken in Drakestrin, I'm quite into conlanging) to German, and the map title only says "Empire of Drakestrin - Drafted and printed by the traveller's guild following the Imperial order (mapping law dated the 16th Morikles 24029)." And beneath that there's the scale and the note "distances in kilometres" - so you didn't really miss that much after all. Glad I didn't put up a Drakish version of it.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

amazing job!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ganz fantastich... that is a beautiful map, love all the details and love the style - and truly appreciate the hard work that has been behind it. Have some rep
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Simply Stunning...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow. That's a lot of dots with names next to them. A lot of red numbers, too. Then there are the dotted lines. Clearly, this has taken a lot of work. Wish I could see the whole thing at once at a decent size. You've got rivers splitting at the sea. I'm not sure you can use the "they're river deltas" justification on islands. Have some rep.

Wonderful map.

Did you draw all the heightlines by hand or did you use a technic to automatise them?
    Avatar by courtesy of Castaras from the GiantitP-Forums

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast